Oh My Goodness!
So Joel and I have a tendency to watch cooking or home renovation shows when are usual favourites take a break. This is usually a bad idea.
It's late and then I want a full meal - not good
Or it's late and I want to start painting or tearing something down - also not good!
However, it does give us lots of fun ideas and branches out our cooking!
So we were watching Diners, Drive-In and Dives on the Food Network and Hwy 61 Roadhouse came on and showed us this delicious recipe.
I didn't actually know until right now when searching for a picture (because we were so excited that I forgot to take one!), that you could get the recipes from the shows. I am both excited and slightly nervous about this wonderful news!
So I just made it with what I thought it should have
BBQ Pulled Pork Spaghetti
picture and recipe adapted from watching this recipe take place!
whole bottle your favourite BBQ sauce (we used Bull's-eye original), maybe more!
1 cup apple juice
one package of spaghetti
one clove of garlic minced
1. I used my slow cooker and put the pork roast in the crock pot, pour about 3/4 of your BBQ sauce on top and pour apple juice over it. Cook on low for 6-7 hrs
2. Once pork is ready, shred it.
3. Cook your spaghetti as directed
4. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil and garlic for 2-4 mins. Add cooked spaghetti, pulled pork and the remaining of your BBQ sauce. You might need (or want) to add a more BBQ, I think we probably added another 1/4 of a bottle.
5. Serve and top with crumbled feta (if you don't like feta, just leave it out!)
This make plenty - like 5-6 servings. We served ours with salad and bread.